Why is he different? Why am I different? Talking to Kids About RaceJanuary 22, 2021 |
On January 21, 2021, Candelen presented a live, open dialog centered around race and raising kids via Facebook Live. Watch the recording below to hear honest reflections from a diverse panel on how they navigate differences, racism, and privilege with their kids. This event was facilitated by Mona Qafisheh, Candelen Director of Grants and Contracts.
The panel of parents included:
- Candida Hunter, First Things First Senior Director of Tribal Affairs
- Aaliyah Samuel, NWEA Executive VP of Government Affairs & Partnerships
- Jorge Flores, Candelen Early Childhood Trainer
- Dawn Henry, Candelen Director of Human Resources
- Lindsay Olivarez, Candelen Board Chair, contributor to East Valley Moms, and former Family & Education lawyer
We extend our gratitude to Candida, Aaliyah, Jorge, Dawn, and Lindsay for their patience, honesty, and vulnerability. Their willingness to open up about themselves, their families, their communities, and their experiences provides a foundation for others to have these hard conversations in their own homes and spaces.
Latest posts by Madeleine Lovett (see all)
- Love is a Professional Word - April 25, 2023
- Candelen Announces New Chief Executive Officer, Rob Podlogar - March 30, 2023
- Inhale & Exhale: The Fight Against Postpartum Depression & Anxiety - March 14, 2023